What could be better than curling up on a frosty evening with a warm bowl of chili? How about if that warm bowl of chili had lean, grass-finished Bare Bison! This recipe is a classic, warm your bones take on the comfort food staple. The ingredients are listed, please feel free to add your own twist (and a list of friends to share!).
Servings: 6 servings Time: About 90 minutes
Bison Cuts needed for this recipe:
Ground bison, 1 lb
- 1 lb Ground Bison
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried leaf oregano, crushed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 cans diced tomatoes and juice
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 can small pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can white or black beans, rinsed and drained
- Saute ground buffalo meat for 3 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute 5 additional minutes.
- Mix in bell pepper, chili powder, salt, oregano, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper and allspice. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans.
- Stir to blend and simmer for 45-60 minutes.